Do you need help?
What are the signs that you or someone you know is in need of a Daily Money Manager.
- • Inappropriate payments such as medical bills that have already been paid.
- • Numerous payments to credit card companies, home shopping networks, sweepstakes or other contests.
- • Especially large donations to charitable or fraternal organizations.
- • Lost checkbooks or bank statements.
- • There have been many transfers from savings to checking accounts.
- • Consistent or unusual payments to a person unknown to you; a possible sign that your parents are being exploited.
- • Rapid loss of weight.
- • Hording.
Consumers lose more than $40 billion a year to telemarketing fraud. People over 50 years of age are especially vulnerable and account for about 56% of all victims according to a recent study by the AARP. Scam artists often target older people knowing they tend to be trusting and polite toward strangers, are likely to be home, and have time to talk with callers.